Complaints Policy

Birmingham Peoples Centre

 Your right to complain

We want to give you the best possible service. However, if at any point you become unhappy or concerned about the service we have provided then you should inform us immediately, so that we can do our best to resolve the problem.

In the first instance it may be helpful to contact the person who is working on your case to discuss your concerns and we will do our best to resolve any issues at this stage.

You can raise your complaint verbally by contacting us on 0121 6631224 or by email to You can also write to us at our full address, which is Birmingham Peoples’ Centre, Gazette Buildings, 168 Corporation Street, Birmingham B4 6TF.

In addition, complaints can be addressed to the Project Coordinator or the Secretary of the Board of Trustees.

You can tell the Centre on the phone, in writing or face-to-face that you want them to investigate your complaint. You will be asked for information about your complaint so we can investigate the matter.


How will my complaint be investigated?

Your complaint will be investigated by the Project Coordinator, or by a nominated member of the Board of Trustees if you are complaining about the Project Coordinator.

If it is upheld, you will get a full apology and, where appropriate, be given details of any action that the Centre is taking to put things right.

If you are not satisfied with the outcome, you can ask for the decision to be reviewed.

We will aim to respond in full to your complaint within four weeks. However, if the issue is complicated, we will explain any delay and keep you informed of progress.


Review of your complaint

If you are still not satisfied, you can request a review. The review will be conducted by the Chair, or another Trustee who has not previously been involved with the complaint.

We will aim to respond within four weeks. Again, however, if the issue is complicated, we will explain any delay keep you informed of progress.


Where else can I go?

Legal Ombudsman

If your complaint is still not resolved, you may wish to contact the Legal Ombudsman if it is about a solicitor. Normally, you will need to bring a complaint to the Legal Ombudsman within six months of receiving a final written response from us about your complaint and within six years of the relevant act or omission. If you would like more information about the Legal Ombudsman, please contact them.


How to contact the Legal Ombudsman

Legal Ombudsman, PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ

0300 555 0333


Right to complain to the Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA)

The Solicitors Regulation Authority could also help you if you are concerned about the behaviour of a solicitor. This could be for things like dishonesty, taking or losing your money or treating you unfairly because of your age, a disability or other characteristic.


How to contact the SRA

Solicitors Regulation Authority, The Cube, 199 Wharfside Street, Birmingham, B1 1RN

0370 606 2555


Right to Complain to Information Commissioners Office (ICO)

If you are unhappy about the way we manage your personal information you have a right to object to the ICO.

Information Commissioner, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire


0303 123 1113